You make our community stronger.


Berkshire South Regional Community Center depends on you.

Through your membership and continued support, we are able to improve the quality of life for those in our community.  

Thanks to the generosity of people like you, last year alone, Berkshire South Regional Community Center was able to serve over 4,500 free meals at our Monday night Community Suppers; our highly-skilled staff taught 330 hours of adaptive needs swim instruction for individuals with disabilities; and the Center awarded financial assistance to more than 250 people toward their membership, pre-school and after-school care!

Today we are asking for your assistance. Your support now will ensure that Berkshire South remains the vital resource our community depends on.  Every gift made to this urgent appeal – up to $20,000 – will be matched dollar for dollar by the Pittsfield Cooperative Bank.

 

Berkshire South, a nonprofit, relies heavily on the generosity of its donors to survive. People are often surprised to learn that the Center’s membership and program fees cover only 60% of our operating costs annually, leaving 40% to come from supportive individuals, foundations and businesses. And, if this goal is accomplished, we remain at financial break-even, making it ever-more critical to achieve our annual fundraising goals.  Annually, the Community Center’s fundraising need is $1,000,000. If it seems the fundraising never stops, it doesn’t. Because it can’t. 

Berkshire South Regional Community Center serves a pivotal role as the recreational, educational, cultural, and health & wellness backbone in our community. But it is even more than that. It is a family center, where life’s most important lessons are taught and learned.  Just ask Laura Lopez, whose extended family has, for the last six years, participated in the Berkshire South Swim-a-thon. “My children understand that Swim-a-thon day is for a purpose,” she said, “and they were very excited to help!”

Be like Laura Lopez! Give with your heart!

Kindly join the Pittsfield Cooperative Bank in our community fundraising efforts!

 

Berkshire South Regional Community Center is a non-sectarian, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that is open to all, regardless of ability to pay. Your support is tax-deductible.Our mission is to build a sense of community and common purpose throughout the region and to enhance the recreational, educational, cultural, health and social well-being of the residents of the Southern Berkshires.

Berkshire South Regional Community Center