Press Release – For Immediate Release
 

CONTACT:
Lisa M. Marchi, Director of Development & Communications
Berkshire South Regional Community Center
413.528.0397
lmarchi@berkshiresouth.org
The Community Rises to Surpass $25,000 McGraw Matching Gift for Berkshire South!
 

Great Barrington, MA –   In response to the generosity of Elizabeth and Robin McGraw and the Donald C. McGraw Foundation, Berkshire South Regional Community Center called on the community to match the Foundation’s $25,000 contribution, and the community rose to the occasion! Center supporters not only met the match but surpassed it, with the appeal raising more than $29,000 to date.

“When the McGraw family made this very generous gift to Berkshire South and offered it as a match for our spring appeal, we jumped at the opportunity,” Jenise Lucey, the Community Center’s Executive Director noted, “and our community responded enthusiastically, for which we are extremely grateful.”

Of the more than $54,000 raised, $25,000 is allocated by the Foundation in support of the Center’s Youth Intervention/Prevention Curriculum (YIPC) which provides critical services to benefit community youth. The balance will offset general operating expenses helping Berkshire South to meet its bottom line.

“Many people don’t realize that Berkshire South is a nonprofit organization, with dues and fees making up only 60% of our costs to operate. The remaining 40%, approximately $900,000, must be raised each and every year to maintain the resources our community needs through the Center,” Lucey observed.

With a smile, she concluded, “Everyone loves a challenge, and our friends went above and beyond. We feel so fortunate to have such steadfast partners in ensuring Center services remain available to all.”

To make a contribution to Berkshire South, please contact Lisa M. Marchi, Director of Development & Communications, at (413) 528-0397 or lmarchi@berkshiresouth.org. Lisa would be delighted to talk with you about the Center, its offerings and how your gift makes a difference.

The mission of Berkshire South Regional Community Center is to build a sense of community and common purpose throughout the region, and to enhance the recreational, educational, cultural, health and social well-being of the residents of the Southern Berkshires. Berkshire South is a non-sectarian, non-profit organization open to all, regardless of ability to pay. For more information, please call (413) 528-2810 or go to www.berkshiresouth.org.